Salary: Approximately $10,200
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours a week
Term: October 4th, 2011 - May 26, 2012
Submission Closing Date: September 13th, 2011
The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to the operation of the Modern Fuel’s New Media Workspace, including: its promotion, equipment rentals, and orientation sessions/workshops on the use of said equipment; the development and promotion of new media programming at Modern Fuel; and the development and maintenance of the website, digital archives, documentation, and computer system management at Modern Fuel.
- Passion and understanding of contemporary New Media art
- Enthusiasm for learning about alternative art practices
- Previous experience working in or knowledge about artist-run centres, particularly New Media organizations
- BA degree in Art History, Fine Art, Film or related field.
- Exceptionally strong writing and communication skills. Proven track record in writing successful grant applications.
- Excellent knowledge of both PC and Mac computer platforms.
- Knowledge of design software including the Adobe Photoshop and InDesign programs.
- Experience working in or knowledge of new media art forms and technologies, including maintenance of equipment and programs.
- Internet and web skills and IT skills required.
- Knowledge of the Kingston new media/arts community will be considered an asset.
- C.V. (Curriculum Vitae)
- Cover Letter
- Two References
- Examples of Previous New Media Work (CD or DVD)
Please send applications to
c/o Modern Fuel Artist-Run Centre
21 Queen Street,
About Modern Fuel
Modern Fuel is a not-for-profit Artist-Run Centre that supports innovation and experimentation in contemporary art. The New Media Workspace was created in 2002 and aims to provide artist and community organizations with video production/post-production support and services at accessible rates in order to encourage the growth of the New Media Arts community in the Kingston Region.
For further information, contact:
Michael Davidge or Christine Mockett
Modern Fuel Artist-Run Centre
21 Queen St, Kingston, ON, K7K 1A1