"FIRST NIGHT" KINGSTON 2003
EVENT CO-ORDINATOR - POSITION DESCRIPTION
APPLICATION DEADLINE - SEPTEMBER 20, 2002
The Event Co-ordinator will be required to:
- Report to the Chair of the Advisory Committee and members of the Steering Committee, with direction and support from the Kingston Arts Council.
- Attend and provide progress reports at all Steering Committee meetings.
- Work with and act as a spokesperson for "First Night", with the partners: The City of Kingston, Downtown Kingston! BIA, and the Kingston Arts Council.
- Co-ordinate all activities related to the event under the direction and supervision of the partner organizations with particular attention to volunteer recruitment and management, programming co-ordination, logistics planning, communications, and merchandizing.
- Work within set budget guidelines.
- Provide administrative support to the Advisory and Steering Committee as required.
- Oversee the wrap-up of all activities, including thank you letters, financial issues, file management, and physical and logistical arrangements.
- Hours will be required outside standard business hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Co-ordinator will primarily work out of the Kingston Arts Council offices at 67 Brock St.
The suitable candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Completion of post-secondary education;
- Interest in and awareness of the arts in Kingston;
- Demonstrated experience in marketing, event planning and volunteer recruitment;
- Excellent communication, multi-tasking and inter-personal skills;
- Experience working with volunteers and committees.
The successful candidate will commence employment in September, 2002. Rate of pay is $10/hour. Hours required per week are flexible - the typical work week will be 30 hours.
The position will be funded for a maximum of 18 weeks.
Please submit r�sum�s and cover letters to:
Kingston Arts Council
67 Brock St.